Saturday 14 March 2015

Astronaut Jack!


Hello everybody! 

Reading came and went and I hoped that I would have more personals to post but I ended up storyboarding all week. That’s ok though because I enjoyed myself. 

However, here is something new! I had a lot of fun with this character design assignment. We had to create a character line up based on a theme. We had to decide from either Western, Sci-fi, Horror or Pirates. I was going to choose Western since it’s a genre I’m not very familiar with but then my friends convinced me to do Sci-fi since they knew I would love it. They were right. 

This assignment got me so much into the Sci-fi groove that I even started re-watching Star Wars starting from Episode 1! Watching them all now is so much more satisfying! Getting all the references and geeking out over the shots is so much fun! It’s also making me want to finally read Joseph Cambell’s book, “Hero with a Thousand Faces” which the narrative Star Wars is based on. 

Real talk, today I spent didn’t get out of bed until 6pm because I was watching Star Wars since waking up. I am disgusting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment